Support for Super Star Online
Teacher & Admin Resources
Super Star Online now includes a course for teachers and site administrators called Teacher & Admin Resources. This course contains step-by-step
instructions explaining the optional teacher features of Super Star Online and movies that also explain those features. It also contains movies
to help site administrators add people and assign courses and students to classes.
Now, everything that we had on our support web site is in one easy to find place.
Click Here to view our Teachers & Admins Resources course (free). User name: teach,
Example Link for Super Star Online
Once you subscribe to Super Star Online, you will be sent link by e-mail (which will be unique to your school) that will look
something like this: https://superstar.HM2L.com/test .
The first part of the link is the same for every school, only the end of the link (test) will be unique to your school.
Please note to use HM2L with only the number two and not HM21 with the number twenty-one.
You can also use: https://superstaronline.com/test. SuperStarOnline.com may be easier for you to remember.
Download Manuals and Sample Letters - Adobe Acrobat Format
Download Sample Letters - Word document format
The following tutorials are available as movies:
1. Tutorials for Teachers:
2. Tutorials for Site Administrators:
3. Tutorials Parents (and Teachers)
You can find additional tutorials and product demos on our site on YouTube and from our Movie Tutorial page.
Tablets: iPad and Android
Several Super Star Online courses are now available for iPad and Android. Look for the tablet icon on the course icon for those courses.
How do I get sound back on my iPad?
Using the iPad's side switch settings to bring back the sound in...
- Check the position of the "Side Switch", which is a little slide button near the volume controls.
Change the position to see if that solves the problem. If not, go on.
- Navigate to Settings on your iPad.
- Tap on General and scroll down to the "Use Side Switch" to box and select the mute option.
- Toggle the side switch to the off position and presto! Your favorite kid's app has sound once more.
- To lock the rotation again, just go back to settings to switch what the side switch controls.
If you are having trouble accessing the courseware, here are some
things to check:
- It might be possible that your IP address is blocked by our server.
There have been a rash of attacks on web sites around the world and our
ISP has been a little more aggressive at protecting us. Send us the IP address (you might need
to talk to your tech department to get your IP address) of your school and we
will check to see if it is blocked.
- If your school network is running a content filter such as
WebSense, be sure that all servers in the "hm2l.com" domain
*.hm2l.com) are unblocked. You can use our
Test Page to
make sure that you can access our media file server in
particular. If you do not see a "Test Successful" message
when clicking the link, your network may be blocking our
site. To unblock our IP address, use IP: 188.8.131.52.
- Click on the link below to go to our test site. Change the word "test/login" at the end of the link to
the unique identifier that was given to your school. Note: a common
mistake is to use hm21 (using the number 21, instead of HM2L).
- Flash not detected: If you have a new computer or have recently upgraded your browser, you may have trouble running our courses because your browser
might not have Flash enabled or our site might not detect that you have a browser that supports Flash. The following link may
help you enable Flash:
Adobe.com Flash Player Help - see item 4. Enable Flash Player in your browser
Enabling Flash from G-Suite for Education console:
- Open admin Google console
- Chrome management
- User Settings
- Select the organization
- Scroll down to Content
- Add [*.]superstar.hm2l.com
- If you are using Internet Explorer and the titles/courses won't load
or you just get a black screen: click on Tools on the menu bar of Internet
Explorer (or you can click on the Tools icon in the upper right hand corner),
click on Internet Options, click on the Advanced Tab, under Reset Internet
Explorer settings, click on the Reset button. Click on Apply and OK. Close
Internet Explorer and then restart Internet Explorer and Super Star Online.
- Try a different browser. We have noticed some issues with Internet
Explorer 7. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or one of the recommended